The single greatest vulnerability to a company’s technical infrastructure is its backups. A company can recover from any catastrophe if good backups are in place. However, without reliable backups, a company can be devastated. For this reason, we have an ironclad managed backup plan that guarantees backups are always ready in the event they are needed.
- 75% of companies do not have a reliable backup of their data.
- 31% of PC users have lost all of their files due to events beyond their control.
- Most companies do not have an offsite backup…meaning 100% of their company data is onsite waiting for a disaster to strike.
Why Backups Are Needed
Most people do not think about the safety of their data. They aren’t aware of how quickly and easily data can be lost…until it is gone. There are countless events that can cause loss of data. Just a few of these are…
- Accidental erasure by a program or a user
- Hardware failure (which is inevitable)
- Malware or ransomware
The only way data can be considered reasonably safe is when there are multiple copies in multiple locations AND they are checked and tested regularly.
Why Backups Aren’t Enough
Assuming a user or company has taken the time to properly implement backups, there are dozens of reasons a backup might fail…
- Out of disk space
- Backup storage unplugged or removed
- Location of backups changed
- Power outages
- Faulty or incomplete backup
- Software conflicts
- Damaged by malware
For this reason, over 50% of the time backups aren’t valid when trying to access them. This could result in having to use an older backup than originally wanted or, worse, no valid backup at all. Only regular monitoring, revising, and testing can ensure those backups are readily available when needed.
3-2-1 Backup Plan
The best practice for company backups is the 3-2-1 rule which is…
- 3 or more copies of all company data on…
- 2 different types of media with…
- 1 copy being offsite.
This means that every document, every picture, every video, every bit of data that a user would want or need is copied to multiple storage locations and at least one of those locations is off site, either transmitted or transported off premises. The omission of any one of these rules instantly makes a company vulnerable to loss of data.
Are You Safe?
Ask yourself the following…
- What data is essential to the company that cannot be lost?
- Do I have 3 copies of that data?
- Where are those copies?
- Are those backups happening frequently enough for my needs?
- How do I know those copies are current and reliable?
- Has someone recently tested those backups?
- Is at least one of those backups offsite…away from the office?
- Do I know how to restore those backups if I need them?
What We Offer
Our staff will set up both onsite and offsite backups. We will monitor them daily and test those backups weekly to ensure they are always available and retrievable within minutes. In addition, we will customize a backup policy specific to your company’s needs so that…
- Backups are made in a frequency consistent with the client’s needs.
- Backups are retrievable in an acceptable, timely manner.
Finally, we will issue monthly reports by email confirming that backups are running, monitored, and tested on schedule.